How often do I need an EICR Report?
The frequency of how often an EICR is required is dependant on the type of building and the risks it poses. Factors that impact this are as follows
- Wet and dusty enviroments
- Densely populated buildings that many people visit
- Flammable gases or chemicals are used within the building
Enviroments that require an EICR every 12 months
- Swimming Pools & Saunas
- Petrol Stations
- Medical locations in Hospitals (e,g op theatres)
- Fish Farms
There are some exceptions to the above list. If you leisure centre then only the pool and sauna areas are required to be inspected every 12 months. The rest of the centre should be tested every 3 years.
Buildings that require an EICR every three years
- Leisure centres (excluding swimming pools)
- Spa Hotels
- Factories and Industrial buildings
- Caravan Parks
Building types that require an EICR every five years
- Restaurants and Cafes
- Schools, colleges and universities
- Community centres
Buildings that require an EICR every 5 years or change of tenancy
- Houses of Multiple Occupation (HMOs)
- Rental Properties
If you are a landlord of a rental property in England, Scotland or from December 2022; Wales, it is law to get an EICR every 5 years.
Finally, If you are the duty holder for the building or business in question then it is your responsibility to ensure your electrical installation is safe and compliant with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
Still unsure or just want to find out more information about our EICR Certification service, call us today on 0800 644 5400.